HK PolyU ROOT
Found in 2004, formerly Hong Kong Polytechnic University – Construction Virtual Prototyping Laboratory (CVP Lab), we are the first Building Information Modeling (BIM) research and consulting team in Hong Kong.
Established and Renamed to VIRCON (Virtual Construction) in 2012, we focus on provide professional BIM Design, Management and Training services to local and international AEC industry.
#Hong Kong BIM Consultant #HK BIM
Over the last 14 years, VIRCON have grown to become an award-winning VDC and BIM consultancy in Hong Kong and the region. We specialize in the implementation and management of Building Information Modeling (BIM) Solution for the private and public sector. Our highly experienced professionals have successfully implemented BIM solution for more than 70 public and commercial projects. These include International Stadium, Large Scale Land Developments Projects, Hotels, Residential Complexes, Tunnel, Railway Station, Public Heritage Structure, Casino, Highway, Bridge, Educational Facilities, Shopping Mall, etc. Many of our projects had won local and international awards.
Our core team consist of Professors, Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, Software Specialists and Academia/Industry Advisers. They are supported by 50+ BIM professionals and BIM modelers from Hong Kong, Macau, China, and U.S.A.
As a company or project grows more sophisticated in its use of BIM, VIRCON solutions offer “room to grow” for design and engineering teams to deliver increasingly innovative projects while continuously improving performance, constructability, cost and risk controls.
Dr. Neo Chan
- Chairman of The Hong Kong Institute of Building Information Modelling (HKIBIM) 2017
- 13+ year’s experience in BIM implementation, Development, Engineering Design, and Construction Management.
- Extensive BIM Research and Industry Training experience
- Visiting Lecturer:
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Birmingham City University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Young BIMer, Construction Industry Council BIM Excellence Awards 2014
- BEAM Professional of the Hong Kong Green Building Council